Views
Helpful
Replies

RV215W firmware upgrade not possible via web interface

helpdesk160
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a RV215W router with firmware 1.2.0.15 and want to upgrade it to 1.3.0.8. However on the webinterface on the Firmware upgrade page all buttons are greyed out / disabled so I can not upgrade.

The option to upgrade from USB after reboot is enabled but this also does not work. I am logged in as administrator.

Anyone know how I can enable the upgrade?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

boayers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello there,

My name is Patrick with Cisco eSupport. I just attempted the same upgrade on our test hardware and had no issue. Be sure to download the .bin file for the firmware here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/routers/rv215w-wireless-n-vpn-router/model.html#~tab-downloads

Then from the firmware upgrade page in the configuration utility select the PC update and click browse.. to select the .bin from your downloads. You should then be able to select update and perform the firmware upgrade. If you are having further difficulties send a screenshot so I can determine the problem in greater detail.

Best,

-Patrick

Hello Patrick,

Thanks for your reply.

I already had the right firmware. The problem is that I cannot select anything in the firmware upgrade page since nearly all buttons are disabled. I have attached a screenshot.

Opening the page in Firefox or IE makes no difference.

Any suggestions are welcome at this moment :)

Hello,

Please ensure you don't have some Java extension blocker on your browser since it can interfere with the Web GUI.

If you don't have anything like that, please give us a call at:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Kind regards,

Milan Milanov

Hi Milan,

There were no Java-blockers on my browsers. I managed to solve the problem though.

It turned out that it is was not allowed to update firmware via WAN so I connected a laptop to the device on a LAN-port and the buttons were then enabled.

The firmware has been updated to the latest version 1.3.0.8.

Thanks,

Roland

Khan Hollis
Level 1
Level 1

Which interface are you connected to when you're trying to upgrade it?  Are you using the IP of the LAN interface?  I've noticed the web gui will be greyed out depending if you're accessing the router via the WAN or LAN interface.

See if that works for you.