cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 OpenVPN MD5

Weber23
Level 1
Level 1

If I connect with the latest Android OpenVPN it tells me, the certificates I created with RV320 are MD5 signed. Also it tells me, that MD5 support will end April 2018.

So how else shall I create certificates for OpenVPN? The root cert uses SHA256 but the Ovpn client/server certs are created with MD5.

76 Replies 76

I agree with you! I'm also sitting on the other side of the globe. I also do not understand why the beta cannot be downloaded publically, when I assume that most of the firmware code is open source already. What's the secret? Maybe anybody could put it on a shared folder?

We don't have a timeframe of when this firmware is going to be public, by the moment you need to create a ticket.

Hello everybody, I have the same problem. I use the RV325 as a private person, so I have no service contract. The problem with Open VPN has been known and solved with other manufacturers, only with Cisco you have to wait ... because you have not bought a service? That is really weak. I'm from Germany, so I will not call the number on the other side either.

Hallo Lars, 

die Nummer für Deutschland lautet 0800 503 0017 . Bitte rufen Sie uns an und wir werden für Sie einen Supportfall erstellen. ( The local number for Germany is 0800 503 0017. Please call us so we will be able to create support case for you )

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco STAC Network Engineer
Together we are the human network .:|:.:|:. CISCO

Hello everybody, I'm a happy owner of a RV320. I bought this router few weeks ago mainly to use it as VPN Gateway to access my home.

Now I’m a little disappointed to read that it might not be able to support Open VPN in the future. I use the RV320 as private person and I don’t have a service contract. I hope that buying cisco was not an error compared to other brands that support Open VPN. I’m living in Luxembourg, is there an possibility to find a solution other that selling my cisco and to buy a router from another vendor?

Thank you beforehand and best regards,

Can you give me the number for Hong Kong as well, please?

Hi Jonas, 

The local number for Honk Kong is 800 90 3154

Please rate this post or marked as answered to help other Cisco customers.

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco STAC Network Engineer
Together we are the human network .:|:.:|:. CISCO

Hi,

Do you have more informations today on a release date for this firmware?

Thanks.

Hello Madame

Are we able to get at least some info, when we could be awaiting the new sw with this thing fixed please?

When I downloaded the beta version in early summer TAC said it would be in the fall 2018.

Now we are in 2019 and still nothing.

I have it deployed in one of my clients small office and I need to have it fixed.

Thank you in advance.

Why can you not publish beta firmwares, hidden away under a beta heading, below the earliest releases (1.1 in this case) on a product's all releases page? That way visitors are not going to see it unless they're looking for it to solve a problem. Just provide a disclaimer on all beta firmwares.

This is a classic 1-10-100 problem: for every 1 person complaining here, there'll be 10 more who know about the problem and don't complain, and 100 more just thinking your product is broken.

If you're worried about it showing up in search results, set robots <meta> tags to disallow indexing.

This is getting tiresome. I opened a ticket (684766655) via phone, specifically asking for the beta firmware. What I got was a canned response with a link to the publicly available firmware that we already have installed. I replied to that asking again for the beta and I'm getting blanked.

Can't you just PM me a link, or something? None of our mobile devices can connect which also means we can't use them for tethering.

Yes, that's right.

It goes back and forth several times, until they understand, what you need. Then you have to sign a MUBTA and then you'll get a link.

nicolas.chiret
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco,

Now we are in novembre...will you release this firware update for all your consumers one day?

Regards

Nicolas

Hello,

Do you know if now, on November 30, 2018, a fixed firmware was released?

Thank you in advance

Samy

I am also hoping for  a firmware update to fix this issue. Still no word from Cisco - just checked the website and see 1.4.2.19 dating from april 2018, but that doesn't include a fix for open vpn