cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345 password reset without losing config

Obiben
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to recover a password from RV345 without a factory reset? As far as I can tell our password was updated when it last expired but wasn't updated in any documentation we have.

9 Replies 9

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if you do not offloaded the current config and you not able login due to lost password, hard to get back your config.

image.png

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Obiben,

There is no procedure for password recovery on RV34x series routers. As balaji mentioned in his reply the only option is to factory reset the RV to default settings.

Regards,

Martin

I have the same problem. How it it even possible that the change password function behaves like this. And yes, I am 110% sure that the old password matches the one that I logged in with, and that the new one fulfills the requirements. Still ...

Screenshot 2023-08-07 at 11.00.19.pngScreenshot 2023-08-07 at 11.00.54.png

Hi,did you ever solved it?

Whoops, Cisco just sent me your question to inbox like it was new, didn't mean to revive this for no reason!

---

Yes, it was something about an expired certificate. I found a post deep in
the internet that suggested powering off, then on, wait 1 min and do that
again 6 or 7 times, I don't remember exactly.

It worked! Something about repeated restarts does something to fix the
issue.

Real appreciated. the RV345 is online for a procudtion system, my concern is what if I do it lost my configuration on it. I will try to enter in CLI mode (7s limited time window from the restart) to copy config to tftp server, will update it once I try.

Obiben
Level 1
Level 1

If memory serves, turned out that our authentication was failing because of an expired https certificate. Around the 18th page on the 20th google search we made, around 3am, we found a cisco engineer suggesting to reboot their rv34x a specific number of times in a row - 6? not sure - we did that and our old login worked.

sashay-gems-0d
Level 1
Level 1

That sounds ... hilarious, but I will do an attempt later this week. 6 times you say :)?

boxoftigers
Level 1
Level 1

I had found the thread :https://community.cisco.com/t5/other-topics-small-business/web-gui-not-logging-tnto-the-rv340/td-p/4630173

it said to 

Automatic Firmware Fallback Method:

#1. Turn ON – wait 5 seconds – turn OFF – wait 5 seconds

#2: Turn ON – wait 5 seconds – turn OFF – wait 5 seconds

#3: Turn ON – wait 5 seconds – turn OFF – wait 5 seconds

#4: Turn ON – wait 5 seconds – turn OFF – wait 5 seconds

#5: Turn ON – wait 5 seconds – turn OFF – wait 5 seconds

#6: Turn ON – let the router boot up

But I am sure if the configuration lost or not, I have not do it yet