cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RVS4000 Port Forwarding not working

neilmac
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to forward ports through my RVS4000 however I have been unable to get it to work.

I have enabled the firewall and set the ports mapping to the correct address and enabled them, however I can't reach any devices.

All advice gratefully received :>)

NM

2 Replies 2

rmanthey
Level 4
Level 4

When troubleshooting Port forwarding on any device we use tools like Nmap on a outside machine looking in at your network, and http://www.canyouseeme.org/ to see if on the server or device you are using if the outside world can see the ports open. There is no known bug or issue with port forwarding on this device as long as you are on the latest firmware. If Nmap and canyouseeme is not showing the ports open you need to look at the internal workings of the network. I.E. does the same ports work on the inside of your network, second is what is between the RVS4000 and the Internet. Other routers or switches, Modem, and ISP. We have seen everyone of the previous devices block ports. When using Nmap or canyouseeme the ports should be open.

Do you have a topology of your network and what ports you are trying to port forward?

Cisco Small Business Support Center

Randy Manthey

CCNA, CCNA - Security

OK, been doing some more testing over the last couple of weeks.

I acess a device on my external (public) IP address, which forward port 8080 and 443 to the RVS. I have set the RVS admin port to 8080, and I can access it and log on from the WAN via the public IP address and port 8080, so I know that forwarding up to the RVS is fine.

I now want to forward 443 to my SBS server, however it just does not come up. I know 443 arrives at the router, it just doesn't get forwarded.

The server has a single adapter and locally everything functions correctly.

It's incredibly frustrating.

If you can tell me what explicitly to check, i will do so and then get back to you with a diagram etc if it still fails.

I can also give you access to the router.

NM