Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN between two RV215W

barkanyi1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I need VPN connection between the office, and our warehouse. We have two cisco RV215W router, and i plan to connect the two location with VPN. Can you give me some advice about this?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

One of the great things about the Cisco Small Business Routers, if a particular model supports VPN's there is no license required. For any of the Small Business routers, it is best if both routers (Remote and Local) have a public WAN IP.  The other thing to remember is both networks (Remote and Local) must be on different sub-nets. (192.168.1.0 , 192.168.2.0  for example)

After that You should be able to follow the steps in the admin guide for the setup. You will start out with the Basic VPN Setup tab and then the Advanced VPN Setup tab. If you have any issue then remember all of the Small Business Devices come with "One Year of Free Phone Support". Call in during your normal business hours and speak with an engineer that will be glad to assist you.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jerry Paul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You should use routers with VPN support.

Deploy VPV routers on both sides.

VPN routers should be with License.

Jerry Paul

www.thenetworkhardware.com

One of the great things about the Cisco Small Business Routers, if a particular model supports VPN's there is no license required. For any of the Small Business routers, it is best if both routers (Remote and Local) have a public WAN IP.  The other thing to remember is both networks (Remote and Local) must be on different sub-nets. (192.168.1.0 , 192.168.2.0  for example)

After that You should be able to follow the steps in the admin guide for the setup. You will start out with the Basic VPN Setup tab and then the Advanced VPN Setup tab. If you have any issue then remember all of the Small Business Devices come with "One Year of Free Phone Support". Call in during your normal business hours and speak with an engineer that will be glad to assist you.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

Hi!

I configured the VPN, but the network is very slow, and unusable. If i connect with RDP to the another network with local IP, the connection is working, but drop every 10 second. I use the defult VPN connection parameters, and different subnets, as you advise.

This network is a little strange. The two endpoint in the same network, within an office complex. We have one fix IP address, and one dynamic.

Can you advise me some solution, to fix this errors?

Thank you

In order to more quickly resolve the issue, it would be better to call in an work directly with an engineer. 

Please call our support center and let one of our engineers can work directly with you.
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Eric Moyers

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

Should be quite easy once you get the hang of it.  What you are trying to do is set up a 'site-to-site vpn'.  It's a common thing, but there's some details that have already been pointed out by Eric that you need to watch for.  Feel free to post back here if you have any trouble.  I've set up lots of these so I can spot simple problems pretty quickly. :)

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

barkanyi1
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you, i make it this week.