Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
rockrobi
Level 1
Level 1

Configuring Basic Wireless Settings on the RV130W. Please refer to knowledge base article #5027.

Comments
david.bataille
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Thanks for this tutorial...

I would like to know if the "Time to Day Access" allow to disable wifi of if it only disable the access using wifi... My need is to disable wifi according to a schedule (for example, I would like to disable wifi during the night from 11 PM to 6AM )

Thanks a lot for your help

David

slstratt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello David,

Thank you for using the Small Business Support Community!

After testing the Time of Day Access feature myself, I can confirm that the router will disable the SSID during the time specified, not just restrict access. Before setting this feature, make sure the system time on the router is correct by going to Administration > Time Settings on the web configuration utility.

If you have any other questions, ask them here and I'll do my best to answer them.

Best,

Taylor

david.bataille
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Taylor,

Thanks a lot for your reply and your help. When you mean disable the SSID, you mean wifi is disable ? My need is personnal but I would like to avoid the wifi to radiate when I'm sleeping ;-)

I posted an other discussion on the Cisco  Support Forum and here is the answer. I don't know if it is the same as your reply:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12538721/rv130w-time-day-access-means-wifi-enabledisable-or-accessibleinaccessible

Thanks and regards

David

slstratt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello David,

The SSID (Service Set Identifier) is the name of the wireless network on the WiFi signal. When the SSID is disabled, users will no longer be able to connect to it; the WiFi signal, however, will still be active. In other words, the Time of Day Access feature does not turn off the WiFi, it just disables these wireless networks. Unfortunately, if you want to turn off WiFi entirely, you'll need to do this manually in the router's web configuration utility.

I hope this answers your question, and feel free to post any others you have here.

Best,

Taylor

david.bataille
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Taylor,

That's what I thought. Bad news for me. Maybe Cisco should think about this simple functionnality with a schedule or by an API. Companies or people like me could be interesting by turning off wifi during week end or holidays. It is good for power consumption too...

In any case, thanks for your support and your clear explanations.

Regards

David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: