Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This application note describes how to configure and deploy a SPA8800 in an Asterisk environment. It incluldes SPA8800, Asterisk sip.conf, and Asterisk extensions.conf files.

Also included is a troubleshooting section with sample traces showing registration and call flows.

Comments
cindy toy
Level 7
Level 7

Hi David,

Since you have question instead of a comment I suggest you post this  question in the discussion area located here for help:  https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/small-business/voiceandconferencing/ata

Regards,

Cindy Toy

Cisco Small Business Community Manager

for Cisco Small Business Products

www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport

fernando.k
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Patrick.

I have a SPA8800 connected to two PSTN lines and two analog phones and all of them register as trunks and extensions on a asterisk server, where many other IP phones also connect. The SPA works as a gateway between the internal VoIP phones and the PSTN.

Last year, there was a power failure and we still could make and receive calls to and from the PSTN. The idea of the two analog phones was to provide communications when out of VoIP.

However, when the sip proxy is unreachable (on the same LAN, but out of service), I noticed that I can make calls from the analog phones to the pstn (Auto PSTN fallback set to YES). However, on the same circunstance, incoming calls do not ring on the analog phones.

How can I configure the box in order to make incoming PSTN calls answered by the associated analog phone when the sip proxy is unavailable?

Thanks. Regards,

Fernando

cindy toy
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Patrick,

Since you have question instead of a comment I suggest you post this question in the discussion area located here for help:  https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/small-business/voiceandconferencing/ata

The discussion area has more moderators online that may be able to help answer your question.

Regards,

Cindy Toy

Cisco Small Business Community Manager

for Cisco Small Business Products

www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport

fahanis_love
Community Member

Hi Patrick.

Im new here.

Right now i just set up my IP PBX using AsteriskNOW.

Can you help me how to configure my PBX to make call to PSTN from IP Phone.

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Thos is forum related to Cisco products, not the Asterisk. So it would be better you will ask elswhere - if I remember correctly, there are comunity forums on AsteriskNOW vendor site. Even in the case you have a question related to a Cisco product, you should start new discussion, not to comment existing document with question unrelated to it.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: