Helpful
Replies

CBS350-24P-4X Rackmount disalignment

florida1024
Level 1
Level 1

Hi community,

I'm a bit confused...

I recently got a CBS350-24P-4X 1U managed switch, which comes with a wall-mount/rack-mount (I guess?) kit and I'm wondering, how I could manage to install this kit onto the device in order to align the rackmount-ears to the device's front?

The drilled screw holes would only allow a ~1 inch (2.5 cm) disalignment towards the rack front or am I missing here something?!

Please give me some advice,

Flo

80 Replies 80

That's good news. Would this part# already be in the ordering systems for the various cisco supply partners for pre-orders?

And furthermore important: what will it cost?

Hi, 

Yes, that will be a regular Cisco spare part PID.

Thanks

Can we get the refresh in black, too?

Kiddingggg (...kinda).

@cyberconsultants 

No commitment for that.

Yeah the white looks a little odd in my mostly black component rack and a little harder to see the LEDs against the white

Thanks for the info. Hopefully we will be able to obtain updated brackets without having to purchase a new switch.

Martin,

Can we get a SKU # for ordering the new style rack ears for the CBS series switches so we can update our 30+ units in the field.

Thanks!

-

Casey

dennypage
Level 1
Level 1

I just received a pair of CBS350-28P-4X switches to replace SG350 series switches. Unfortunately, they came with the old brackets that do not provide a flush mount the switch front. The new switches protrude halfway through the cable managers, making for very difficult situation with cable management. How can I get the new flush mount ears?

Thanks,

Denny

I ordered a new CBS Switch today and really hope it will come with the new brackets for a flush mount, but reading your post i really don't have high hopes that it actually will...

Are there any updates regarding this situation?

I don't want to send the switch back, but if i can't mount it flush in the rack the switch will interfer with my cable management.

Is there a solution for mounting the cbs switches flush with the rack at the moment?

blickgerecht
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

we helped ourselves and made some as Cisco didn't answer and there's no news coming up.

Let me know, if you need those …

IMG_1471.jpgIMG_1470.jpgIMG_1469.jpg

These are like prototypes – so the small disalignment in the inside direction could be corrected.

Best,

Roland

Hi Roland,

You're the best, as the company itself won't help us with normal rack ears. The ones provided are useless, especially when fitted (like mine) in a flight case with too little space in front of the switch. 

Would it be possible for your metal friends to make one for the 8p version (so longer brackets, as the unit itself is only halfsize)?

I don't mind the costs...

Thanks,

Maarten

dennypage
Level 1
Level 1

I think these might be of interest to a number of people. Are you looking to do a production run? What price point are you thinking?

Thanks,

Denny

I only have the one switch but I am interested in better brackets. Wish Cisco had stepped up and provided these.

blickgerecht
Level 1
Level 1

Well, we could produce them like on the go. But we would have to see what the costs of customs, tax and shipping is, as we're based in Europe/Germany.

Where are you guys located? If you're interested, just send me a private message.

Best,

Roland