cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Linksys Cisco SRW248G4P 48-port 10/100 + 4-port Gigabit Switch Help

acctechnologies
Level 1
Level 1

The switch which is a Linksys Cisco SRW248G4P 48-port 10/100 + 4-port Gigabit Switch, was configured by a contractor which was long ago run off, and the documentation left behind to log into the switch is incorrect. How can we reset this switch so we can configure to the new required settings?

I have attempted to go in through the web browser gui, and no luck logging in via factory default creditials, cannot log in using any of the common admin creditials, nor can we get in via the documented admin name and pw the contractor left.

Attempted ot go in through the console, that doesn't work right at all. Takes 15-20 min before I start even seeing user name or password boxes.  Cannot type a single thing into those boxes.  I have set the hyperterminal to com1,  38400, 8, none, 1, hardware.  It kinda lets me see some of the log in screen, but will not let me type into the username whatsoever.

Logging via web browser I see all the login option but not a single username or pw works. Please if anyone can help, this has been an issue which is now critical.

4 Replies 4

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center.

The settings for connection using Hyperterminal through the Console port should be:

Bits per second: 38400

Databits: 8

Pairity: None

Stop bits: 1

Flow Control: None

When you finish configuring the HyperTerminal, the

Login screen appears. The first time you open the Console Interface, use the default username admin and leave the password blank and press the Enter key. You can set a password later from the User and Password Settings screen.

The Main Menu screen displays six menu choices: System Configuration Menu, Port Status, Port Configuration, PoE Configuration, Help, and Log Out.

User and Password Settings, IP Configuration, File Management, Restore System Default Settings, Reboot System and Back to Main Menu.

To restore the Switch back to the factory default settings, select

Restore System Default Setting and press Enter. A confirmation message appears asking Are you sure? [Y/N]. Press the Y key to continue or the N key to cancel the action.

System Configuration Menu options: (Which is where you will need to go) consist of: System Configuration, Management Settings

After pressing Y, at this point reboot your system and it will be back to Factory Fresh.

If you have any questions or this doesn't work, please let me know. I am attachng the Admin Guide for you as well.

Eric Moyers
Cisco Support Network Engineer
1-866-606-1866

acctechnologies
Level 1
Level 1

Mr. Eric Moyers, Thank you so much for responding.

I have been using the settings you provided and no go.  What I have done that is at least letting me see the post now; I set my session up rebooted the switch by unplugging, as I plugged back in I pressed ctrl -u, now I can at least see the post.

I still cannot type anything at all in the user name, the curser just flashes there, when I press a key the curser kinda disappears for a bit then it comes back blinking but still not able to type in the user name. Additionally I have yet to see the login screen show entirely yet either.

Mr. Moyers, again I am very thankful for your concern and assistance.  I really need to reset this switch, It was working well but I added another cisco 48 switch and it is the master host, and this one, no one knows how to get into it.  It is configured in a way that is conflicting with the network.

again thanks,

Russell W. Harris

ACC Technologies, Inc.

Mr Harris,

I feel the best thing at this time is to call into our Support Center. Let one of our answering Engineers work with you to get this resolved that most likely be the best way as far as time goes to get this done. (1-866-606-1866) This way we can also get a case opened for tracking purposes.

When you call would it be possible to have the switch consoled to a computer that can get to the internet? That way they can do a Webex into your system and work with you to get this resolved.

Eric Moyers
Cisco Support Network Engineer
1-866-606-1866

Hi Eric i Am New To The Cisco Small Businness Switches,  I have Cisco SF 300 Switch & i want it to configure it for my Ip Phones And Desktop.. Means Multilple Vlan On Single Port.. So Can You PleaseGuide me how to confiugre it