cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG200 DHCP IPv4 Interface Address - issue

sport
Level 1
Level 1
- SG200 both an 18 and 8 port version, and on latest code. - the 8 port is up-linked off of the 18 port. - VLAN 400 and 500 is spanned across both switches. -Management set to VLAN500 and IP set to Dynamic. - When DHCP server (ISP router) was plugged into port assigned to Vlan500 no issue SW picked up an address. - Remove the DHCP from the ISP router and, - Switched over to DHCP offered from Vlan500 via pfSense on a trunk port. SW does not pick up an address :( - all other DHCP clients on the Vlan500 get address's just fine. Does this have something to do with the DHCP coming in on a trunk port? wouldn't think that this would cause an issue I'm kind of at a loss. I was re-configuring the network/s to split the cable from the rest of the home network and to make re-iping the switches easier through the move and keeping access figured I would use DHCP, and once all was in production move the SW's back to static addresses on the the new segment. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
1 Reply 1

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

It could be that the pfSense DHCP offer is missing some options and the SG is dropping it.

Fire up tcpdump/ wireshark and alternate between the ISP router and pfSense running as the DHCP server. Copare the DHCP Options in the DHCP offer packet to confirm you have the same ones configured.

Cheers,

Seb.