Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300 - L3 Mode - VLAN

Himal_Bissessar
Level 1
Level 1

Good Day Community

I have a couple of Cisco SG300 Switches, and I am having an issue with regards to the Layer 3 configuration and as well as the VLANS.

I log into the SG300 GUI via the default IP which is 192.168.1.254, once I have logged in, I have changed the Switch to L3 Mode and then it rebooted. Once it came up I log into it again via the default IP, I have made my necessary changes, for example, I have configured 2 VLANS, 20 and 30. VLAN 20 is my VOICE traffic, and VLAN 30 is my MANAGEMENT traffic, from GigabitEthernet1-27 I have configured it to be in an "Access Mode" with a specified VLAN of 20. I then configured GigabitEthernet28 to be in a trunk mode and I have allowed VLAN 20,30. However I am having trouble with the Layer 3 side of things. I have configured VLAN 30 to have an ip address.

Please see below:

VLAN Interface

interface vlan 30
name "MANAGEMENT
ip address 172.16.20.5 255.255.255.0

ACCESS Interface (Interfaces 1-27)

interface gigabitethernet1
switchport mode access
switchport access vlan 10

TRUNK Interface

interface gigabitethernet28
switchport mode trunk
switchport trunk allowed vlan add 5,10

Once I have done that, I instantly loose access to the device, and I am not able to login to it, unless I default the switch.

I am not able to even see it on the ARP entries to the switches where trunk ports has been configured for VLAN 30.

Do you guys have any idea what could be the issue? I just need Management Access to the device in VLAN 30, so I can see all the Cisco SG300 Switches

Kind Regards

0 Replies 0