cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300 SSL Certificate Issues - "SSL can't import certificate - conversion of input to certificate failed"

Zachary Parsons
Level 1
Level 1

I have handful of SG300-10(P) switches in my network. I'm in the process of upgrading our PKI to get rid of SHA1. As part of that process I am deploying new certificates to the SG300 switches.

All but one of them take the exact same new cert without any difficulty, but one switch refuses to import the certificate either by GUI or CLI. Importing the certificate returns the rather useless error "SSL can't import certificate - conversion of input to certificate failed". I had hoped that the SSL upgrade in the 1.4.1.03 firmware would fix it but, alas, the error perssts.

Any help would be appreciated. I'd hate to throw in the towel on another switch as it has otherwise been bullet-proof.

-Zac

2 Replies 2

Sean Bozarth
Level 1
Level 1

I did not come up with a solution. I just re-tried it on my 1.4.0.88 firmware, but have not updated to the 1.4.1.03 firmware. I will try again afterward, of course, but it does not sound like that will resolve the issue.

The SG300-10 switch is the same from factor as the SF300-08 switches that do not work for me. I theorize that the Fast Ethernet switches are labeled 8-port because the other 2 are Gigabit Ethernet. From the pictures, however, they are the exact same form factor.

Do you have other SG/SF switches in another form factor that do work?

Sean

I have just tried to import a certificate on the 1.4.1.03 firmware and received the same message. Due to the sale of some of the businesses involved, we have fewer switches, but I successfully imported certificates on a SG300-28P, SF300-48, and SF300-48P switch running the same firmware. It remains only the small form factor switch which fails.