Views
Helpful
Replies

SG350XG-24T OOB Management

alsayegh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a SonicWall NSa 3700 firewall, Tripp-Lite KVM, and Cisco SG350XG-24T switch. I connected my Cisco switch OOB port to one of the firewall interfaces and the Tripp-Lite KVM to two firewall interface using Transparent IP Mode (Splice L3 Subnet).

I can access my Tripp-Lite KVM management interface but I can't access my Cisco switch management interface unless if I unplug the cable connected to my switch OOB from the firewall and connect it directly to ISP drop. What would be the cause of OOB connectivity block when it is connected to the firewall?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cyberconsultants, thank you for your insight. You are right, the issue turned out to be related to the SonicWall appliance. The transparent range was not associated with the right group. I corrected it and rebooted the system and it worked.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

This sounds like a SonicWall configuration issue. Wrong forum but a shot in the dark—are the three SonicWall interfaces part of the same PortShield group?

The answer to your specific question is the firewall is blocking traffic destined for the switch, either ingress from the KVM interfaces or egress to the OOB port.

cyberconsultants, thank you for your insight. You are right, the issue turned out to be related to the SonicWall appliance. The transparent range was not associated with the right group. I corrected it and rebooted the system and it worked.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X