Views
Helpful
Replies

SGE2000 Vlan access poort not working

Yoeri Oppelaar
Level 1
Level 1

Good day all,

i have a very strange situation. i hope that someone can help me.

situation

One off my customers has a small network with a Sonicwall NSA220 as router/wlan controler.

The have a windows 2008 R2 SBS server (small business 2011) and a Cisco SGE2000 switch.

The have a LAN (vlan1), office WLAN (vlan100) and Guest WLAN (vlan200). the gateway for these vlan's are all on the Sonicwall.

The switch has most ports in VLAN1 exept for the folowing ports.

port 22-23 are trunk poorts with vlan 1 as native poort both other vlan are on it as wel, this port is connect to a trunk port on the sonicwall.

port 20 is an access port with vlan200 as native vlan, so it should be in vlan 200. this port is connected to the SBS server where a webserver is                     running with authentication pages.

The problem

he strange thing is, traffic inside vlan 200 over the trunk ports is working properly.

but the server is not able to ping the gateway or the sonicwall ip address that is configured on the vlan200. also from the sonicwall i'n not able to ping the server inside vlan200. but if i configure an additional accessport in vlan200 where a laptop is connected, then both can ping each other.

if i have a wireless guest client, whit a IP inside vlan200 they are able to ping the sonicwall but NOT the server.

so it look like if traffic between 2 vlan200 trunk port and vlan200 access port is not working.

i dont see it anymore, i tried in multiple port modes, the access port/ general port.

i hope that someone is able to help me,

regards in advance Yoeri

0 Replies 0