Views
Helpful
Replies

CBW 140AC - cannot update to new frimware

chrzimmer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I cannot update to new frimware version because certificate problem. Original message is "Connection faliure: 60, Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with given CA certificates."
What can i do to obtain the new frimware version ?
Thanks in advance for your help.

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- How did you try to upgrade and or can you try by downloading firmware manually and install afterwards ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

chrzimmer
Level 1
Level 1

I simply hit the button "upgrade" and expected that the access point will download the new frimware.

chrzimmer
Level 1
Level 1

I dont know if this is related to the problem, but if i try to access the web management interface via Firefox i get the "SEC_ERROR_REUSED_ISSUER_AND_SERIAL" error code.
"An error occurred when connecting to 192.168.100.250. You are trying to import a certificate with the same issuer/serial number as an existing certificate, but it is not the same certificate."

- Ignore firefox problem and or stay with my initial reply , for that use other browser to proceed.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

chrzimmer
Level 1
Level 1

I am not sure if you are a CISCO representative - CISCO stands for me for quality network equipment. With this "use another browser" is no acceptable solution. For sure i use Chrome in the meantime, but i am looking forward for a solution to this browser problem.
Also updating via file download may seam to be a workaround. But I am not looking for workarounds - I am looking for solutions.

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there,

What software version you're currently running on the CBW140AC? 

If you are trying to update (online) older firmware to version 10.7.1.0 after March 1, 2022, you will experience issues. Cisco recently migrated the ASD (Automated Software Distribution) servers to a newer version which prevents some of the products (CBW, RV's and CBD) from discovering new firmware versions and automatically downloading and installing updates from Cisco.com. Starting from firmware 10.7.1.0 will fully support the new Cisco ASD.

That being said, you will need to download the update from software.cisco.com, extract the files from the zip file, and update their access points and mesh extenders using the HTTP or TFTP processes (manual update process). 

Hope that helps

Martin

chrzimmer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Martin,

thanks a lot. This was exactly the competent answer i was hoping for.
Cheers from Berlin, Germany
Chris

You're welcome

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: