cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I cant access control panel of wap4410n

JaffarMohd
Level 1
Level 1

just i purchase cisco access point and I tried to access control panel to setup wireless security but the page i issued not display 192.168.1.245, there is any wayes to connet device web base ??

4 Replies 4

Sir_Prince
Level 1
Level 1

Jaffar I was having the same issues with my WAP4410N. Mt internet is supplied by AT&T U-Verse. The company uses a 2-wire device for internet, phone and TV. I connected my RV4000 Router and today I incorporated the WAP4410N. All went well, all of my computers could access the Access Point but when I use the 192.168.1.245 IP address I could not access the web based configuration Utility.

What I had to do was disable the DHCP server on my RV4000 router because DHCP was already running on this subnet. This fixed the problem and I am now able to access the Web-Based Configuration Utility.

Sincerely

Shawn Edwards

its me, Jaffar again.

thank you (Shawn)  for your comment

there is any body can solve our problem ??

qumartin
Level 1
Level 1

To help answer your question the device only has the ip address of: 192.168.1.245 if it is unable to get an address DHCP. If you connect your device to a router or switch and power the device on if there is a DHCP server on the network it will assign the wap4410n an IP Address. The easiest way to configure the device is to power the device on connect to nothing. After the device has power on change you laptop or PC to an IP Address on the same subnet so for example 192.168.1.11. and subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and you do not need to put a gateway.

After this is done connect the wap4410 directly to your pc or laptop with an ethernet cable. Next got to Internet explorer or Firefox and pull in the address bar put in the ip address of the wap4410n 192.168.1.245 and hit enter. This will allow you access to the device and you can change it to a static ip address that is on your network. After changing it to an IP address on your network you can now go back and plug the device in to your network and it will stay on the ip address that you set for the device.

Change your laptop or pc back to dhcp after changing it back plug it back into your network and you will be able to access and setup the wireless and security setting on the wap4410n. Just by going to the ip address that you setup static for the device. The other way if you just plug it directly to your network some router have the option so you are able to see the dhcp client address. If your router has this function you can look there and will be able to see what ip address the wap4410n has if you choose not to connect directly to the device and set a static ip address. Hopefully this has been helpful for you.

Thanks

Quendale Martin

Just Today I am happy because I bought this device. I want only get one time access to control to change wireless network name and make password for it. and I get all what I want.

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you my dear Qumartin.