Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP321 Hangs

Maritn.Egli
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have a WAP321. The unit hangs about on every day. Web interface and WLAN let not respond anymore. By a reset the unit will be back. I have put all unnecessary stale. Tracing the turned on, I can say nothing flashy.

Martin

20 Replies 20

The last screenshot shows the untagged VLAN ticked. You need to untick this and make sure you've not got a native VLAN configured on your switch. Then leave a couple of devices clustered running over the weekend. The devices will become unresponsive by Monday (it took over 24 hous when my WAPs were on 1.0.2.3 firmware but only 4-5 hours once I upgraded to 1.0.4.2 although this may be a coincidence)

On the Last screenshot untagged VLAN is ticked to make sure that VLAN2 traffic passes as untagged. Also to confirm that tagged traffic are passing properly, VLAN1 is configued as management VLAN (tagged traffic). If no native VLAN configured on the Switch port that means whatever traffic passes via that switch port it will be tagged for the respective VLAN, so the same VLAN needs to be configure as tagged on the WAP321. With this setup & latest firmware on the WAP321 I hope device should not be unresponsive.

Yes I understand but this means your setup is not the same as the one which became unresponsive for Jakub and I. By all means if you're trying to prove that this setup works fine and then you plan to setup using only tagged VLANs to try and replicate the fault. Otherwise you have only replicated the scenario in which the problem was resolved rather than the scenario in which the problem was apparent.

Thanks for your quick response. Not only with tagged VLANs, to verify that WAP321 is handling the tagged VLAN and untagged VLAN traffic properly at the same time one VLAN traffic is allowed as tagged (VLAN1) and the other VLAN traffic as untagged (VLAN2). Same VLAN settings applied on the Switch port also. Please try this settings once (if possible on your setup), I hope with your setup also it will work fine :-).

sharif.ibrahim
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem here, but with some WAP561 with the latest firmware.

The APs are connected to a SG-300 Switch and after 4-5 hours they became unresponsive, but after I applied the solution posted by Jakub, they are up and running, no hang since three days!

You can try the VLAN settings mentioned above on SG300 as well as WAP561 (If your network setup permits), it will work fine. With the same VLAN settings and 1.0.3.4 firmware also on WAP561 device reachability is fine (observed more than 5 hours).