cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SmartNet Total Care - communication to the Cisco Backend

jimmy.anderson
Level 1
Level 1

I have this setup but need to setup firewall rules.  Can someone tell me what ports/protocols SNTC Collector uses to communicate to the Cisco Backend systems so that the info gets populated in the portal?  Also, does the synchronization timer need to be adjusted somewhere in the collector or is that a default setting?

3 Replies 3

Rafal K.
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Jimmy,

I'm preparing a reply for you, and will come back to you shortly!

regards,

Rafal Komorowski

Dear Jimmy,

Regarding the external communication (Collector-->Cisco backend) collector utilizes protocol HTTPS and port TCP/443 (backend IP: 72.163.7.113).

It has also upgrade functionality, so you would need also to allow:

72.163.4.161 www.cisco.com, HTTPS/HTTP, TCP/443

72.163.7.60 dl.cisco.com, HTTPS/HTTP, TCP/80 or 443

173.37.144.208, sso.cisco.com, TCP/443

Regarding the upload synchronization timer:

From the GUI level you can define the frequency of the discovery and the uploads (Settings-->Manage Upload Profiles --> Select the profile, and double click on it to modify --> Tick the box for ‘Schedule Periodic Upload’ --> Define your desired upload frequency and other parameters).

Please note that the synchronization is done on the back-end level. The interval is usually set to 7 days for processing. You can request changing this setting for example to "0", by raising a TAC case to the collector team.

Should you need any more information, please don't hesitate to post them on this community.

Kind regards,

Rafael Komorowski

Excellent...thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: