Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SDA devices - removed commands keep showing up

Dear all,

I have a reoccurring issue, where commands I manually remove from SDA devices keep showing up.

I want to disable "snmp-trap enable traps syslog" on the devices. The first time I tried to do this via applying a template through network profiles, but then the devices ended up in non-compliant state, due to Network profiles (the no snmp-trap enable traps syslog, is obviously not in the running configuration). I then thought of removing the command manually, but it seems that after some time the command would reappear. I cannot tell if this has anything to do with the device being reprovisioned or for some any other reason.

What I am asking is how to permanently remove a command that seems to be applied through provisioning or reprovisioning.

If a "no command" is run through a template and is kept in the network profiles, then it seems that the device is non-compliant, because the configuration does not actually have the "no command" as a text.

Thanks in advance,

Katerina

5 Replies 5

Torbjørn
Spotlight
Spotlight

You can make compliance ignore the check for portions of your templates using this syntax:

! @start-ignore-compliance
no snmp-trap enable traps syslog ! @end-ignore-compliance

You can read more about this here: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/2-3-3/user_guide/b_cisco_dna_center_ug_2_3_3/m-compliance-audit-for-network-devices.html

Happy to help! Please mark as helpful/solution if applicable.
Get in touch: https://torbjorn.dev

Sounds great!!!! I will try this and get back with the results.

Thanks!

jedolphi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Skipping compliance checks might bypass the the compliance issue in the Catalyst Center UI, but it won't stop the command from being re-added by a future provisioning job. Catalyst Center has triggers to push various configuration models e.g. when you change the settings in design menu, when you configure a new segment (like and SD-Access object), when you reprovision a device, when you apply a "fix" (SD-Access banners), etc. Offhand I don't know what the trigger is to initiate the adding of the CLI "snmp-trap enable traps syslog", can you please raise a TAC case to explore options?

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for the reply. I will keep monitoring the environment before I open a TAC case, because I do not see the same behavior for all devices. In the immediate future we do have a need for reprovisioning, so according to the outcome, we will see how we proceed.

Kind regards,

Katerina