Views
Helpful
Replies

Static route on Cisco SDA Border switch

Kaneki007
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I'm new to Cisco SD-ACCESS technology, and i have to migrate two 2 and 2 firewalls to the SDA Fabric on the border switch, the two routers are connected to the traditionnal campus with BGP, but the 2 firewalls have only static routes, i'm wondering how should i connect them to the fabric? For the two routers i understand i can use L3handoff but for the firewalls how can i add static routes on the border to reach specific subnets behind these firewalls ?

8 Replies 8

On this article they show how to add static route on the DNA itself, but in my case The 2 firewalls will be connected to the border switch, so i want to create a simple L3 routed link and add static routes for specific subnets on the border switch 

I added the wrong link, sorry.  Let me find here and I will share. 

Okay thank you i appreciate it 

Here it. It is a vídeo actually. But the scenario seems to be similar to yours

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPSWLnNvBpQ&feature=youtu.be#bottom-sheet 

jalejand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the firewall cannot support BGP, still configure the L3 handoffs/IP Transit in the Borders, this will configure both BGP and SVI configuration; use it to create the L3 interfaces between the Border and Firewall.

With these created, you can just use static routes in the Firewall to point to the interfaces created by the L3 Handoff/IP Transit feature.

Of course, using BGP will give you the advantage of importing specific prefixes into LISP and do dynamic routing, but static can do the job too.

How can i add static routes on the border from the DNAC please? 

u must use network templates for this.