Storage Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License

Forum Posts

Hi:Does anyone here have an informed opinion (probably through practical  experience) regarding the iSCSI vs. FCoE speed debate going on? Which  method of I/O consolidation and fabric unification is "better"? Of  course each technology has its advant...

lamav by Level 8
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! iSCSI to FC

My office is considering migrating our current storage and VMWare infrastructure from iSCSI to FC.  I'm not well versed in the storage side of things, and I'm wondering what kind of hardware we need to accomplish this.  We aren't a large operation an...

Hi,We've just got some Dell PowerEdge1000e blades in through the door, along with a few trays EqualLogic storage. At the back of the blades we've got M8024 10gig switches (4 switches, in two fabrics, two per fabric), and we've also got a couple of ne...

Hello,We are currently working to design a DR site with site to site data replication via Oracle products.CWDM and DWDM seems interesting but I would like to know how does the commucation over these solutions happen. Is it over IP network with IP sou...

Hello.I got 2 MD 9124 but I can’t figure out how to make them “talk” to each other.  If I login to switch 1 with the fabric manager I can see what’s connected to the end of switch 2 but I can’t “talk” with switch 2, also my host on switch 1 can’t tal...

m.skaarup by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, How does the source and the destination entities communication over FCIP link. Is it through IP addressess, MAC addresses or something else. Would the server have the IP of Storage configured and would the storage have the IP of server configu...

I am trying to find any documenation that might tell me what the values of OLS, LRR, NOS indicate when you do a show int command.I have a switch that has high values on the output reading of those values on all ports on the switch.  I am trying to fi...

kb2341971 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I need renumbering the current VSAN and Domain ID at HPUX environment, but I need preserve the actuals FCID numbers due HPUX create the physical paths with this information. Somebody know if it is possible or not??? I'm using MDS 9506 and i will...