cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the part number for the mini gbic?

I need to replace a mini gbic from a MDS-9124. I tried very hard to find the part number but it is not clear. There are 2 part numbers writen in the gbic, but I could not confirm any of it. The part numbers that is writen are DSSFP4GSW-4 and the other is 102195-01. If someone can help I would really appreciate.

4 Replies 4

viyuan700
Level 5
Level 5

DS SFP 4G SW-4 is the part number for Cisco MDS 9000 Family 4/2/1-Gbps Fibre Channel-SW, SFP, LC, 4-pack, spare

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps4159/ps6409/ps5987/ps7079/product_data_sheet0900aecd8057451f.html

jmckibbe
Level 1
Level 1

"DS-SFP-FC4G-SW=" is Cisco part number for a single 4G Short-wave SFP used in the MDS 9124

peter.ooms
Level 1
Level 1

At the switch, you could use the << show int fc1/x transceiver details >> command which would give you the programmed part-number.

The DSS... sticker is likely the Cisco partnumber.

It's perhaps a good habit to do at least once execute a full "show tech" of each (new_ switch and save the output. This would give you all the (least) information for the future. . . reproducing is always difficult if the part or switch is not available (anymore) ;) .

Regards, Peter.

Thanks Peter!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: