Views
Helpful
Replies

10G-Base-SR modules don't work between two cisco switches

Kaung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone, 

We're facing the fiber links issue between two cisco switches. We have WS-C3850-24T switch with C3850-NM-2-10G network module and SG-350XG-24F switch. We're planning to use Cisco10G-Base-SR module and Alantek LC-LC-DX OM3 50/125um UPC patch cable for the trunk links between those switches. After trunk configuration and layer 1 fiber patch cable set up, we didn't see any CDP neighbor on both switches and they didn't know each other. In WS-C3850, interface status up and protocol up and also the same in SG-350XG but CDP neighbor doesn't appear. 

We have tried another way with copper cable with the same configuration. At that time, they are working pretty well. We can see CDP information and ping interface VLAN IP between switches.

We're concerned about the transceiver module and patch cable. Are we miss-use on that? Please give us some advice and suggestions. 

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What firmware is the 3850 running on?

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check logs on all platforms when this happens, check if any useful info can be found

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '