Views
Helpful
Replies

Advice on picking switches

citadeltheatre
Level 1
Level 1

Morning all,

I am trying to upgrade my network in the office and could use some advice on equipment any help would be greatly appreciated, I tried using the "live chat" but the person seem more interested in my personal information than actual network requirements so i thought i would try these forms.

The end goal for the network is a simple layout in my opinion, i have a 3 floor office and on each floor need a minimum of 48 ports i am planning of adding a few wireless access points and think i have settled with the Aironet 1040 series so i thought PoE switches would be great. On top of that i will end up having a few vlans for servers,guests, etc so i will need something to do the routing.

I after reading through the available switches the SG300 seemed like a nice choice and met the requirements but there are 15 models to choose from and 48 port 10/100/1000 with PoE is not a choice? or it is hiding from the website? It seems odd that the 200 would come with 48 port 1GB PoE but not the 300? What would be the next best option? or do i by 6 switches x 24 port? A friend suggested just going with 10/100 catalyst and not worrying about the wirless N speed which seems kind of counter productive in my opinion.

Again any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Replies 0