Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't authenticate with NPS Radius on CISCO CBS250-24T

Sorin Vlasceanu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I recently started to use NPS Radius (included in Windows Server 2019) to authenticate on a series of Cisco Switches (SF200, SF220, SG200, SG220, SG250, CBS220-8T, CBS220-24T, CBS250-24T, CBS350-24T).

So far only SF220, SG220 and CBS220 are working fine.

The others are returning the error "Invalid user name or password. Please try again"

I am using the GUI interface.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

18 Replies 18

Sorry.

The only one that I managed to get working was WireShark but there was no username or password listed in the packet list.

In my opinion it is something wrong with the internal software of the switch. Something is missing or there must be a setting to be modified.

I have noticed that the switches that does not work, in the security section all have only RADIUS (SF200, SG200, SG250 and CBS250) . The CBS350 has TACACS+ too.

The ones that work all have RADIUS and TACACS+ (SF220, SG220 and CBS220).

- Well , if the working devices have  a username and password listed then that is a serious hint , I am not yet sure if TACACS+ is a requirement ; one thing to determine that is if the user that needs to be authenticated is defined in a TACACS context (e.g.)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Added reply ; review this thread and check if it can help you :
                         https://community.cisco.com/t5/switches-small-business/radius-on-sf200-24/m-p/2429501#M11421

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello,

The solution from this link finally worked with all the remaining models
(SF200, SG200, SG250, CBS250, CBS350).

*Thank you!*