Views
Helpful
Replies

CBS220-24T-4G Ip clients takes a long time

jmba
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a CBS220-24T-4G updated at 2.0.1.9 Fw, It have an fixed Ip, all devices connected take betwen 30/45 second to get a Ip; if I connected the other device directly in my router it only take 5/10 seconds. It is the same even if I put a fixed IP on the devices.

Can you help me please?

Than you very much

3 Replies 3

Hi

This can be due Spanning-Tree.

Take the port you are testing and enabled it as Edge  port and try.

You can also change the STP timers in STP Status and Global Settings

stp.JPG

Hello again, 

First of all, thank you so much for your answer! 

I've tried what you have advised me with all the three switches I have and, although I've noticed a slight improvement, the devices connected to the switch still take from 20s to 30s to get an IP. 

Furthermore, when I connect the computer to the switch, if my computer is connected to the wifi, it gets disconnected until it gets an IP (per wire). 

Do you have an idea of what might be the issue or if there is anything else that I could try? 

Thank you in advance, 

Regards.

Hi

I recommend you to look at "DHCP Snooping" section. Make sure the interfaces are listed as "Trusted Interface".

We need also to consider a proglem on the DHCP server side.

About the wireless, this is an expected behavior. Clients validate connectivity before get onboard, or refuse the network in case they dont get connectivity.  That´s why get an IP address first is so important.