Views
Helpful
Replies

CBS250-8P-E-2G PoE odd behaviour sometimes (fw 3.1.1.7) -Unifi AC-Lite

driver-man
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We've installed about 60 of these switches, seem to be getting odd behavior from time to time.  Sometimes all PoE devices will be unreachable and ports will be in a state that can't be fixed by disabling/enabling PoE.

To get around it, you either have to reboot the switch, or the quick 'fix' I found today was to type..

conf

power inline limit-mode port
(press y to restart PoE on switch)

I noticed in the firmware notes, it lists PoE as a recent fixed, wondering if this is something still being worked on.

Having this problem with about 5% of PoE devices. All of them are Unifi AC-Lite.

2 Replies 2

driver-man
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, so after making the change to above to 12 of our 60 switches, this seems to have cured the issue of PoE devices being unavailable.  No more PoE errors in the counters for those ports.

I will keep an eye on it, looks like we'll be sending this change out to all 60, and the following 60 that are going in will have the same setting.

If Cisco read this, I'm happy to test out any new firmware.

jdavidson1604
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are getting the same / similar issue. We tried the fix you mentioned above but still having constant disconnects. We have tried the following items in stages and cannot seem to get a resolution.

CBS250-8P-E-2G

Current FW 3.1.1.7

Unifi AC-Lite is constantly disconnecting at 1 site

Unifi Ac-Pro is constantly disconnecting at another site.

We have over 30 of these deployed and only having issues at these 2 sites and both issues started today.

We also have 1 VoIP Polycom phone disconnecting randomly as well.

Attempted fixes that were recommended by TAC and cisco forums.

Smartport we already had disabled from previous known issue.

CDP disabled

Disabled STP (Spanning Tree)

Changed POE to Port Limit

Moved AP to another Port

We tried Disabled EEE energy saving

Rebooted the switch

Rolled AP back to previous firmware version

When the gi7 Port goes down we are losing POE and the AP is rebooting. So this is not just a log issue, we are experiencing actual onsite issues.

Any thoughts?

We do use Auto Voice VLAN with LLDP but have not tried turning that off since we heavily rely on it.