Helpful
Replies

CBS350-24P-4X Rackmount disalignment

florida1024
Level 1
Level 1

Hi community,

I'm a bit confused...

I recently got a CBS350-24P-4X 1U managed switch, which comes with a wall-mount/rack-mount (I guess?) kit and I'm wondering, how I could manage to install this kit onto the device in order to align the rackmount-ears to the device's front?

The drilled screw holes would only allow a ~1 inch (2.5 cm) disalignment towards the rack front or am I missing here something?!

Please give me some advice,

Flo

80 Replies 80

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there,

Did you get a new switch (sealed/unopened) and those are the original mounting brackets that come with the box?

Regards,

Martin

florida1024
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, correct!

In the meanwhile I've seen some pictures of Catalyst switches, which also allow only mounting points with some "disalignment" towards the front, although even the manual of these sees that a bit different in its images of the rackmount points..

Thanks for your feedback.

We have requested that information from the respective team and will come back to you once we have their response. Meanwhile can you please check if the size of the mounting brackets matches the dimensions from the picture attached. 

Thanks,

Martin

Rack-Mount Kit.JPG

florida1024
Level 1
Level 1

No, the brackets do not look like these in your picture!

They look like this (see attached image)...

Regards,

Flo

I can confirm that also on a CBS350-10P the braket keeps the switch some centimeters outsite the bars line. Same was happening with the catalyst 2950 (seems the same bracket).

I don't know why of this choice, but that is it.

Hi CrzHrs,

It has been confirmed that is the right bracket size and rack-mounting option for the CBS350 series switches. That is normal positioning so the switch stands few centimetres outside the bars line when rack mounted. We are going to replace the misleading picture in the administration guide with the right one (attached).

Thank you for your feedback!

CBS350 mounting.jpg

Regards,

Martin 

florida1024
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your input, CrzHrs!

The installation offset maybe useful in a datacenter environment where you have enough rackspace to the front and some extra deep cable management... I don't know.

But it would have been nice to have multiple mounting options, especially in situations where you have limited rackspace and additionally with attached SFP+/RJ45 modules and RJ45 cables..

Regards,

Flo

Stephen Beaton
Level 1
Level 1

I just picked up the CBS250-24t-4x and was a little annoyed the brackets made the unit protrude almost an inch from the cabinet with the supplied brackets. 

i have a SG300-10 and a SG200-26 installed which are flush to the cabinet with supplied brackets 

current solution was to buy adapters to recess the unit but I have only found 4” ones. Still preferable to it sticking out of the cabinet when everything else does not. 

woukd be nice to have Cisco adjustable brackets so I could choose between flush or protruding. 

Hello Stephen,

We apologize for the inconvenience. There is a plan to reverse to the previous flush type of rack-mounting with the new CBS switches, however, current models ship with this type of brackets.

Regards,

Martin

Hi

Is there a timescale for the revision (or even conversion brackets)?

Already had someone have me remove a new CBS350 switch as it was on a high level wall mount rack box and you can see the bottom screws etc of the switch case from below.

Had to hit eBay to buy a used SG300 instead...

@dazzasnapper 

The new CBS SKUs with 24/48 ports that will be manufactured in few months should be able to mount at front, mid, or back mounting position. That's what we can share at this point on this matter.

Regards,

Martin

Will existing CBS users receive modified brackets as an acceptable solution (for free?) or will we be forced to buying a whole new switch?

Thanks in advance!

Florian

Where are these ones? @Martin Aleksandrov 

Hello,

There will be new flush brackets RCKMNT-1RU-1K= to be ordered separately that will fit all rack-mountable CBS350 series. The new bracket should be available June-July this calendar year.

Thanks