cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CBS350 web interface unresponsive

ambarr
Level 1
Level 1

I have a stack of 3 CBS350-48T-4X switches where the web interface is now unresponsive.  The "processing data" status indicator gets no further than 50%, and I'm unable to get into the configuration screens. Initially I was able to get into the web interface but, for some reason it stopped working.

21 Replies 21

Because we use vlans, trunk ports are required to interconnect switches. However, for testing purposes I installed an extra switch, access port to access port and the web interface issue persists. At one time I was able to configure the switch using the web interface while both, directly connected and through a switch connected by trunk port.

>... At one time I was able to configure the switch using the web interface
                     - Try to repeat the particular network setup again ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Already tried restoring several different configs. The physical network never changed. Could there possibly something wrong with the switch. We have a network with 17 switches located across the campus, and no other switch has this issue. Do you know of a solution other than something network related?

syslog says

%AAA-I-CONNECT: New http connection for user cisco, source x.x.x.x destination x.x.x.x ACCEPTED

ambarr
Level 1
Level 1

After powering down the 3rd member of the stack, the web interface became accessible again.

- @ambarr Great you got this resolved! What made you think that the 3rd stack member would be causing this issue ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

I don't believe the switch itself was the problem because I've reinstalled it and the web interface is still working. Since they were purchased from Amazon, Cisco wouldn't provide support. Amazon agreed to give me a full refund on all 3 switches. But the effort and logistics it took to replace the prior set of switches wasn't worth repeating. So, I made the decision to break down the stack and test each one. It was just a shot in the dark.