Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CBS350-24T-4G stacking.

JasonYoung54443
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

This is the first time I have worked with the CBS350 switches.  We have been supplied both the 24 port model and also the 48 port PoE units (in the 4G variations).  The spec sheet says all these units are stackable and it should all be automatic.  I have connected them with the SFP-10GB-CU1M cable but they don't seem to be seen as a stack.

The "stack" commands in the CLI also don't seem to be available either.

Does anyone have any pointers as to if this should just work?

We are supposed to be swapping out our network onsite this weekend and I stacking does no work we may need to cancel the upgrade urgently.

Regards

Jason 

4 Replies 4

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Stacking is only supported on the CBS350 models with a 10G uplinks i.e X models CBS350-24T-4X do support stacking. You can replace the switches with the stacking capable models.

Regards,

Martin

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Nowhere in the Cisco documentation does it say stacking is only supported on the X models (at least that I can see), and I even asked the question of our supplier before purchase and have it in writing that all it was supported.

I am going to have to call off the entire network upgrade this weekend now.

Hello Jason,

We apologise for the inconvenience. So far that notice is only mentioned in the product Administration Guide so we'll work on fixing the datasheet as well.

Regards,

Martin

Hi Martin

Please can you help me with this information:

The Switch CBS350 supports IP SLA commands?

track 25 ip sla 25 reachability

!

ip sla 25
icmp-echo x.x.x.x
timeout 1000
frequency 5
ip sla schedule 25 life forever start-time now
ip sla enable reaction-alerts

!

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 x.x.x.x name Ruta track 25

I have found this link that the CBS250 and CBS350 apparently support IP SLA completely.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/Cisco-Business-Switching/kmgmt-2247-configure-ip-sla-tracking-for-ipv4-static-routes-on-a-cbs.html

However, the emulator offered by Cisco does not have the option to configure IP SLA through the web interface. Is it possible to configure it by CLI?

Thanks.