Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO CBS350-24XS SWITCH NOT SUPPORTING SFP CONNECTORS

idruet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working with the Cisco CBS350-24XS switch and the SG300-28SFP switch simultaneously and for some unknown reason, my third party SFP connectors are detected but not supported when i plug them in the CBS350 but work properly when plugged in the SG300. 

I have tried multiple firmwares for the CBS350 switch but neither of them seem to support the SFP connectors.

I have also tried to execute the followingcommand through the serial port connection

- no errdisable detect cause gbic-invalid

But it is not allowed.

I've run a comparison in the cisco switch url (the ping direction) for both switches and seem almost identical...

Any thoughts or something i can do would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- In principle you can never rely on foreign SFP's , even if the traditional workaround commands are tried.
    For compatibility use :  Cisco Optics-to-Device Compatibility Matrix

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi marce,

I know that reliability on foreign SFPs isuncertain, however, what i can't comprehend is why they work properly when plugged in the SG300-28SFP switch, as it is a previous model to the CBS350 and no 'special' configuration/set-up/firmware has been installed in that switch. 

Thanks in advance,