Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ESW 540 - Can't upload video to youtube when using desktop smartport

ashgaming
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a very strange problem with all of my Cisco ESW 540 switches. I have a three 48ports switches on my network, and I've noticed that when I use Desktop smartport profile for my workstations I'm not able to upload file to the youtube. I can upload it as soon as I change smartport to Switch profile.

FYI, all three switches have 2.1.19 firmware

Does anyone have the simillar problem? I was wondering if this is also something to do with QoS.

Regards

Lukasz

3 Replies 3

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Lukasz,

I would imagine that it does have something to do with Qos as smartport wizard does set QoS up as directed in the profile. The other thing is it sets port security but shouldn't have any affect on one pc. There is also a updated firmware for these switches so you might want to upgrade to latest firmware and then test.(Firmware 2.1.21) make sure that's the right model number for you.

Jasbryan

Hi Jasbryan,

Thanks for your advice. I've just upgraded a firmware on all switches to the latest version 2.1.21, however I still have the same issue. When I change smartport profile from Desktop to any other all works fine.

Do you know what is an exact configuration difference between Desktop smartport and other smartport profiles?

Lukasz

luumanioro
Level 1
Level 1

Sad that no one on this forum seems to have the right solution for my problem.

I have temporarliy assigned Switch smartport to the interface which is affected by this issue.

Lukasz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X