Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV160 - Routing Issue after PC Sleeps

RossSnow41537
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am having a puzzling issue here with a newly configured RV160. 

Here is my topology:

SSID/VLAN 2 & 3 & 5 >> Wireless >> RV160 >> Cisco SG350 Layer 3 Switch << Wireless AP << VLAN 2

When everything is working I have full connectivity and internet access everywhere. 

Problem 1)

If I leave my PC (on vlan 5, with also a printer on vlan 5) and come back later, suddenly I can not ping some devices on other VLANs or even on the same VLAN from my PC (The printer on the same VLAN is the most finicky). If I disconnect and reconnect, same problem. If I disconnect and reconnect enough, eventually it will start working again. Internet access works all the while across all VLANs.

If I jump off VLAN 5 to VLAN 2, then I can ping the printer on VLAN 5 from VLAN 2.  Go back to VLAN 5 - no ping. The message is Destination Host Unavailable. That sounds like there is no route. I would think the issue is my PC, except when I jump on to VLAN 2 it works. 

Problem 2) 

I get inconsistent results from inter VLAN routing on the RV160. I have inter VLAN routing disabled on VLAN 3. (I want it isolated). However, sometimes I can still ping from VLAN 5 to VLAN 3. Sometimes, I cannot. 

Thoughts on where to focus my troubleshooting? 

0 Replies 0