Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SG 200 series switch and Cisco UC320W - Ports locking

ChrisFFUK2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I've got a customer who are using a Cisco SG200 series Gigabit POE switch with a Cisco UC320W communications platform.

I've encountered a problem where that when the Cisco UC320 reboots several ports on the switch automatically LOCK.  as a result PC's connected via the ports that lock cannot get a connection to the network.

Obviously I can unlock them manually but the UC320W reboots every Sunday at midnight for "maintenance"  meaning that on a Monday morning the ports are locked.

It hasn't ALWAYS done it must have been a change to the system / network at some point in time I just don't know what it is.

I'd be grateful of any help on the issue.

Best Regards,

Chris

3 Replies 3

Aleksandra Dargiel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chris,

It can be port security or BPDU guard or not mentioning ACL with action shut down port. Nevertheless I would recommend you to compare running config with startup config to check if smartport are running the respective commands for the right ports and no for example "desktop macro" for UC320 which should be switch macro. If you have some doubts please send me running config and startup config as private message.

Regards,

Aleksandra

Thanks for your reply Aleksandra,

I've attached the configs.  The switch was installed as is using factory defaults (with exception to password), following by the UC320W phone system,  I just let the phone system configure the ports via SmartPort and all was well for a long time until recently.  It's almost as if smart port or another automated mechanism is doing something it shouldn't.  

Regards,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Configuration files look a bit different from what I normally see. First of all lines such as: 

interface gigabitethernet6
macro description "ip_phone_desktop | no_ip_phone_desktop | ip_phone_desktop | no_ip_phone_desktop | ip_phone_desktop | no_ip_phone_desktop | ip_phone_desktop"

also it has unusual order since normally global settings commands are on the top before the interface commands. I am not sure where is this coming from. You may need to consider factory reset.

Regards,

Aleksandra