Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SG200-26 Switch, ICMP issue, can't ping to the management interface

cbissen01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Cisco SG200-26 Switch with a ICMP issue so it seems.  I have tried to ping the management interface with no success.  However, I can manage the switch via the web gui which is strange.  It seems that the switch is allowing HTTP/HTTPS traffic.  Why is it not allowing ICMP?  I have check the menu item in the gui over and over and I don't see where you can turn on or off ICMP??  Is ICMP being off part of the firmware code?  My switch is currently on firmware code 1.3.7.18

The whole reason for this exercise is that I want to update the boot code via a TFTP server running on my laptop.  So, everytime I try to connect to the TFTP Server on my laptop from the web gui it says that the TFTP Server is unreachable.

So, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Chris

1 Reply 1

LJ Gabrillo
Level 5
Level 5

1. Does your PC allow outbound ICMP connections? There might be a 3rd party app/antivirus/firewall that's blocking it. How about trying to ping the switch using another computer/PC

2. How are you pinging the device? are you defining the ICMP frame size? Just ping it normally, without using the "-l" command

3. Try rebooting the switch - take this as the last resort though :D

4. How is the switch connected? Is there a switch peer? Can you check if any Access-List(ACL) is applied? If you find an ACL, kindly verify that ICMP is not being blocked. or for isolation disable the ACL.