Shirazgaff786
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I have a SG350 switch  that is the main switch in this network

2 Vlans setup  (Voice and Data)

All device are able to get dhcp as normal

The IP Phone as well  all get dhcp fine as well

The issue is regarding a Snom M300  Base station that is unable to get ip address on this network at all

Its not exactly the Snom M300 issue as this device get dhcp fine in other networks like my home network 

Please can someone point me in the right direction

4 Replies 4

Aleksandra Dargiel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

It is not clear where the DHCP server is located but if no obvious errors in the whole setup I would start with packet capture on the switch port connected to the M300 unit and verification what is sent and what is received. 

I hope it is a good starting point.

Regards,

Aleksandra 

I am thinking about closing the ticket as the device works fine with a static IP and the effort to find the root cause in this case may not be worth it
If it is helpful to you I can provide you with the firmware off the switch and the firmware of the Snom M300 IP base station and maybe traces at a later stage when we have more time if its important to you guys or beneficial

Hi,

no rush at all but worth looking into it, so Yes please :-)

Aleksandra

gevans
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I also have this issue, but now even if I set it statically it doesn't seem to work, but it works in a diffetrent device, the SBS switches are fine and a meraki is fine, seems just to be the SG350.

Grant