Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SG350 / SG550 (Small Buisiness) SNMP Data periodically missing

Martin H. BN
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community, 

i have some monitoring problems with the SG350 / SG 550 Small Buisiness Series of Cisco-Switches.

Periodically some datas are not received, see Screenshoot. 
chart2.png

We are using Zabbix to monitor our critical infrastructure of over 500 Cisco Catalyst / Nexus Switches which is running without any problems. 

For less critical infrastructure we have a few SG350 / SG550 switches which are also monitored and only on those Switches i noticed the missing data.

Any Suggestions would be appreciated. 

Kind Regards
Martin

“The universe doesn't allow perfection.”
― Stephen Hawking
3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Besides your first arrow , it it hard to see how you define missing data for the rest of the arrows ; some suggestions, increase snmp timeout for queries ( zabbix configuration). Use latest Cisco firmware on all involved devices.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Martin H. BN
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your reply, i will try. 

regarding the other arrows in on the image. there are missing data for the bytes send (blue line) while all other data is received. 
Sometimes there is data for bytes received while data for bytes send is missings, and sometimes vise versa. 
Its mostly on interface graphs with multiple data. Also Zabbix shows [noData] for the specific time in the legend. 
So its always just one kind of data missing while every other data are there. 

The Switches are all on the lates firmware and i increased the timeout and keep an eye on it.
I will report back.  

― Stephen Hawking

Martin H. BN
Level 1
Level 1

I have increased the timeout value in zabbix but there are still times where some (not all) data from a switch is missing. 

― Stephen Hawking
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X