Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SRW2008 Small Business switch - cannot access WebView

A couple of years ago or so I purchased a SRW2008 switch for the home office. This device has worked well and sat in the background without giving any trouble. Recently I needed to make a configuration change and discovered that the WebView admin portal does not show any options. All I see is a blue screen with logo with Save Settings and Cancel Changes links at the bottom but nothing else - no menu items and not option panes. I can still access the switch via SSH, although this only seems to provide a subset of the available configuration options.

I tried both Cisco and Linksys and found they each keep referring me to the other. I did manage to eventually get through to a support person at Cisco but was referred to this support community. It seems Cisco don't do support unless you are prepared to pay a lot of money. I am not operating a business, just running a small home office with work from home facilities. Frustratingly I had to register on this website as a business to even get this far.

Does anyone know how I can get WebView to load up properly? Are there some browser settings that need to be tweaked?

6 Replies 6

aturawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi John,

My name is Atul from Cisco TAC team and i hope you are doing good.

Have you tried to reset the device?

have you tested tested on different browsers/ OS, changed security setting in the browser, tried port 8843?

Hold in the "RESET" button and then turn on...Wait for 10 seconds until the POWER LED flashes.

Regards,

Atul

Atul,

Thank you for your reply. In answer to your questions:

Have you tried to reset the device?
- yes

have you tested tested on different browsers/ OS
- yes, both Windows and Linux, Firefox, Chrome, Chromium and Internet Explorer/Edge

changed security setting in the browser, tried port 8843?
- I have not set or changed any specific security settings in the browser. In any case the problem presents itself in multiple browsers.
- I have just tried port 8843 - no response. Just in case you meant 8443, also no response.

Hold in the "RESET" button and then turn on...Wait for 10 seconds until the POWER LED flashes.
- before I do this, I need to know whether this will reset the device to factory settings and wipe my config?

Hello,

Hope you are doing great.

Yes it will wipe out all the configuration if have not saved it before.

Regards,

Atul

I have tried the reset but it has not made any difference unfortunately.

Hi John,

hope you are doing good.

i would request you to please clear the browser history and cache. Then check whether you get an access of web GUI or not.

If not then please get the case opened with Cisco.

You can contact Cisco by clicking the link given below.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Regards,

Atul

Tried that but it made no difference, however I did discover that it works on an older version of Windows. It turns out that I can use it on Windows 7 but only in Internet Explorer, and only with compatibility mode enabled. It seems this device has an Internet Explorer lock-in and only an older version of the browser at that. This has at least allowed me to get at the setting I needed, but what exactly does this "compatibility mode" do? I would have thought later browsers would be more not less compatible?