Helpful
Replies

etherchannel on esw520s and intervlan routing

Hello

I have a couple of uc520s

2 - esw - 520-24p

2 - esw - 520-48p

1 - 3560x switch

the 3560x is our core switch. my uplinks between the core and the 4 esw. i was able to get the etherchannels configured and "working" however the fact that the vlan 1 on the esw is the native vlan, i change the native vlan to be vlan 20 and i'm really struggling with this

I have 5 vlans configured on the 4 esw switches data, voice, management, servers, guest.

i can't get the intervlan routing to work properly on the esw. If i configure any vlan on the 3560 i have access to the management vlan

however if i connect my pc to any port on the esw switches i don't have access to the management vlan at all. for some reason intervlan routing isn't properly working. if i want to have access to the management vlan on the esw switches i need to assign a port on the esw to be on the management vlan

if i use the common scenario, all the ports being voice + data, i can't manage any of the switches at all

what else should i do to get this fixed ?

is it something on the ether channels or am i missing something else ?

thanks

4 Replies 4

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello

I have a couple of uc520s

2 - esw - 520-24p

2 - esw - 520-48p

1 - 3560x switch

the 3560x is our core switch. my uplinks between the core and the 4 esw. i was able to get the etherchannels configured and "working" however the fact that the vlan 1 on the esw is the native vlan, i change the native vlan to be vlan 20 and i'm really struggling with this

I have 5 vlans configured on the 4 esw switches data, voice, management, servers, guest.

i can't get the intervlan routing to work properly on the esw. If i configure any vlan on the 3560 i have access to the management vlan

however if i connect my pc to any port on the esw switches i don't have access to the management vlan at all. for some reason intervlan routing isn't properly working. if i want to have access to the management vlan on the esw switches i need to assign a port on the esw to be on the management vlan

if i use the common scenario, all the ports being voice + data, i can't manage any of the switches at all

what else should i do to get this fixed ?

is it something on the ether channels or am i missing something else ?

thanks

Hi,

Can you put up your network in diagramtic representation view, do that it will be helpful for more understanding.

Ganesh.H

Did you configure the management VLAN of the ESW to be on VLAN 20 as well ?

Jo Kern
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The ESW is not a layer 3 switch. You cannot route between the VLANs. To forward IP packets between VLANs you need to route. For that you will need the 3560x.

please ignore my previous post about management vlan. you did that but you don't want

that.

that means your 'etherchannel' trunk does not seem to work properly.

options:

I would configure the trunk to tag all packets with the appropriate VLAn tag, no untagged i.e.  'native' vlan supported.

or

on the trunk port configure it to be natively in VLAN 20