cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to access the Cisco W-CE500-24PC

playstation3
Level 1
Level 1

I just got this unit from out of business store but that problem is, I've tried to access this switch with Cisco Configuration Assistant with setup solid. Nothing happen. Then I reboot and pressed the Setup to change back to factory default, tried again, It did not getting on but I only can see the IP address (169.254.XXX.XXX) but no subnet mask. Any suggest and please describe "How to access this switch" very clear so I can understand it. It need to be ready within few day.

My laptop running on Windows 7 64 bit. I just read the required list from manuals, it said it will with Windows XP.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Gage,

It's a pleasure to hear you are now moving forward.

regards Dave

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi gage,

the unit was developed most likely well before Win7 and IE 8 or 9 so we say it can be accessed via;

I found the following document most relevant compared to the quickstart guide.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalystexpress500/release_12.2_25_fy/user/guide/ug.pdf

The document referenced above,  shows the internal GUI or Cisco network assistant (CNA)  was used to configure the CE500.

I would try the processes outlined  in this referenced/attached  user guide, both for setup and any troubleshooting or recovery.

I have to admit i pulled out my old CE520, but relied on my router to allocate a IP address for management purposes.

good luck

regards Dave

Right and you said that if I have Cisco Router, it can be access to switch  with management VLAN 1 or just laptop to switch and pfsense server connect to gigabit port?

What exact IP address that I can access with IE9?

I just retried now. Still not accessing and IP address getting 169.254.xxx.xxx. Any idea?

Hi gage,

Please check out the user guide for setup and troubleshooting..

I must admit I would have thought that a DHCP server attached to a switch port should allocate a IP address to your PC.

Check the troubleshooting section and the LED indications for any error during bootup

I think you have to check out the guide to help you with setup and or problem determination.

regards Dave

Oh. Your right. I should have to read the manual again. One question, which port I should plug in for DHCP Server?

I got access in with Ubuntu and it working good. Windows 7 must have problem with obtaining ip address. When I use Ubuntu, it getting 10.0.0.x.

I'm happy that I accessed into this switch. Thank you very much for help!

Hi Gage,

It's a pleasure to hear you are now moving forward.

regards Dave