Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure SFP+ port on VLAN?

Hi,

We are thinking of purchasing Cisco switch SG300-24P-4X comes with 24 x Gigabit Ethernet + 4 x 10G. 

As it does not have combo ports. Can I configure SFP+ ports on VLAN separately?

mayanksrivastava_0-1719521570353.png

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Note that an SFP configuration only applies to interfaces not to VLANs ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
As it does not have combo ports. Can I configure SFP+ ports on VLAN separately?

not sure we understand this correctly, you looking to have different VLAN assessment for this ports ?  Yes you can do different VLAN membership. (if this is not the case explain more ?)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

The switch that we have in the lab comes with SFP+/RJ45 combo ports. What I did in the lab is that I set VLAN on RJ45 ports and SFP+ ports can also use the same subnet.

However, for our production environment we are thinking to purchase SFP+ (non-combo) ports switches. My question was that can configure SFP+ ports using VLAN like a standalone port. Means that my switch 1G ports will be on 57 subnet and my SFP+ ports are on 58 subnets.

yes that can be done, as long as you assign correct VLAN

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help