cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to implement uplink redundancy and spanning tree in SFP-300 switches

tommls
Level 1
Level 1

We have several Small Business 300 Series Managed Switches, the 10/100 ones with PoE, the first generation ones.

We've been advised to implement uplink redundancy and spanning tree on these switches.

I'm sure spanning tree is a checkbox somewhere in the web interface.

How does one implement uplink redundancy besides interconnecting the switches plus turning on spanning tree (RSTP)??

Thank you, Tom

P.S. I also tried to file a service request but it does not work, I get: "Error 500: Request processing failed; nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException"

1 Reply 1

ggrim
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for using the Cisco Small Business eSupport Community. I've looked through the articles that are available in our Knowledge Base and found a few that I hope will be able to assist you in setting up spanning tree and link redundancy on your SFP300s:

In regards to link redundancy, the following article on LAG can hopefully provide some guidance:

Link Aggregate Group (LAG) Configuration on 200/300 Series Managed Switches

And for your question on setting up STP, here are a few articles with additional information:

Configure Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) Status and Global Settings on 200/300 Series Managed Switches

Setup Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) on a Interface on the 300 Series Managed Switches

I hope that this information helps! Please remember to mark your question as answered and rate if this solves your problem.

Best,

Gunner