cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I cant acces switch sg350X from another Vlan.

Like i said in the title i cant acces to my switch from another PC in another vlan. If i put the PC in the same Vlan i can... What am i doing wrong?

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to enable inter vlan routing ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK5HmMlaIlg

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I can do it from there giving a IP to the other Vlans, but i want to know why if i configure it on Vlan 1 (Default) i can access from another vlan, but at my way no... i want to have all switches in Vlan 64 and our Pcs in Vlan 10. Today i am using the default Vlan 1 and its all ok with any device i can access to all switchs. If i change the vlan to the 64, i can enter only with the PC in the same vlan.

I can do it from there giving a IP to the other Vlans, but i want to know why if i configure it on Vlan 1 (Default) i can access from another vlan, but at my way no... i want to have all switches in Vlan 64 and our Pcs in Vlan 10. Today i am using the default Vlan 1 and its all ok with any device i can access to all switchs. If i change the vlan to the 64, i can enter only with the PC in the same vlan.

Radim Smehlik
Level 1
Level 1

You need to allow other vlans to access the switch management interface.

Select Display mode Advanced, and then configure it in the menu Security -> Mgmt Access Method.

Anyway recommended method (for security reasons) is to allow only one vlan to manage your switches (commonly called Management vlan).

Ty for your answer and yes we know about security but we wanted to know why that was happening. I have all vlans accepted and its the same, we cant access from another vlan.
interface vlan 1
ip address 192.168.0.254 255.255.255.0
ip address 192.168.1.254 255.255.255.0
no ip address dhcp
service-acl input nt default-action permit-any
!
interface vlan 5
name "Data P1"
service-acl input nt default-action permit-any
!
interface vlan 10
name Voice