Views
Helpful
Replies

Inter VLAN Communication SG300 with 192.168.1.x IP ranges

teryglenn1
Level 1
Level 1

Quick question about inter VLAN communications

we have an SG300 latest 1.3 firmware, we have it acting as our DHCP server, we have a 10.10.1.x range, 10.10.3.x range, and 192.168.24.x range, they are all on seperate VLANs and all can talk to each other which is what we want.  However we have someone who wants to use the 192.168.1.x range to add IP cameras to our network using there own switch.  I figured I'd just setup our server to do DHCP etc and it would communicate with the 10.10.1.x range of IP addresses no problem.  It turns out the SG300s can't do DHCP for that range, so if he has all static address on the 192.168.1.x range how can i setup inter VLAN communication so we can talk to that range?

1 Reply 1

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

If SG is in L3 mode you just creat a new VLAN cameras with any IP you like.  Tell camera vendor to use that IP as default gateway.  Assign a single access port in that new VLAN and plug camera switchinto that port.

I am not clear about your DHCP issue though.  My SG is in L2 mode so I don't see the same options.  I would think you could have a dhcp pool per VLAN.

Also, why let camera vendor choose IP range?  You should tell them what they will use..

Good luck.

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --