Views
Helpful
Replies

Internal MAC Receive Errors - SG200

damian.woz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have noticed, that our one SG200-50P is having problem with Internal MACReceive Errors on LAG interface. 2nd SG200-50P, which is on the other side of this LAG is without any errors.

Previously we had FW 1.3.5.58 and some old bootcode, but we've upgraded to FW 1.4.0.88 and bootcode 1.3.5.06 - but the problem still exists.

4 Replies 4

Michael Vandergrift
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Damian,

Good afternoon, i hope you are doing well.  I looked into your issue and the best solution seems to be to back up your configuration, reset the switch to factory defaults, and then restore the config.  This course of action has been shown to rectify the Internal MAC Receive Errors issue.  Check out https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12059456/sg200-high-packets-errors for more information.

Regards,

Mike.V

Michael,

The post you reference above I was originally involved in with Tom Watts.

I've seen this issue on my switches since they were first installed. Once particular switch was showing high volumes (1000's) of Internal MAC Receive errors when I checked tonight.

It's performance was bad enough that I doubted if I had followed the process outlined by yourself and Tom (reset to default, then restore the config).

So, I have repeated the process as described in Tom's original response to my question (which, just to be clear you reference above).

Within an hour I have again seen quantities of Internal MAC Receive errors on 4 device facing ports (2 Ruckus 7363 AP's running at GBE/ 1000MB/s, 2 music client devices running at 100MB/s). Again, just to be very clear, there are no other errors on these ports- no CRC & Align Errors, No Jabbers, No Colisions. There are some Fragments on the 100MB/s ports but not on the 1000MB/s ports.

The switch in question is running at the latest firmware- 1.4.0.88 and boot firmware 1.3.5.06.

My summary would therefore be that this issue remains and the work around described originally by Tom (and referenced by you above) is not a complete fix for this issue.

Happy to supply switch configs and logs if that would help.

Kind Regards,

Andy.

We have not reset the switch yet, but errors suddenly dissapeared - strange.

Mike,

Firmware release 1.4.1.3 is now out and I have loaded onto the switch I was seeing Internal MAC Receive Errors on and they have now cleared.

Even after some soak testing and heaving loading via my AP test routines I still haven't seen any Internal MAC Receive Errors.

Unfortunately there are still (nearly a week later!) no release notes for this latest firmware but in my case it does seem to have resolved the issue.

Have you heard if there was a fix for this problem? Does it make sense that it would be contained in this latest firmware?

Kind Regards,

Andy.