Views
Helpful
Replies

Lost of connection SG300-28P

eric.faite
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed a SG300 POE with two WAP321AP (power by the switch, cluster mode).

I have installed a BBox3 router (VDSL) connected to the switch and a Belgacom decoder (for TV).

When the decoder is ON, the WAP321 don't received any connection, when you switch the decoder off, everything works fine...

The Decoder is directly connected to the BBox3 not to the switch.

I have tried a Bbox2, but same situation...

I have reset and upgrade the firmware of the switch 1.3.58 but same, not working...

What can I do ?

Thanks for your help...

5 Replies 5

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What kind of connection loss do you mean? Wireless to the WAP321? Or something like the WAP321 is no longer manageable?

What happens if you disable the wireless on the decoder?

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

eric.faite
Level 1
Level 1

Tom,

No more possibility to connect to the WAP321 when the Cisco TV Decoder IS86030 is on!!!

Everything works fine if the decoder is off!

Problem with the AP configuration ?

Vlan ?

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

Hi Eric, that seems too weird. Are you sure when the decoder is on that your wireless connections are somehow not switching over? I'd have to think there is a fundamental connection flaw somewhere.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

I can't understand !

But with an other device, everything works fine!

Can you give me a correct configuration for those two AP (cluster mode) ?

Many thanks.

bl4ckr4ptor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Eric

Have a look on your Multicast Settings, sounds like the Multicast for your TV floods your Network.

IGMPv3 is what are you looking for, block that on the ports on your switch..

Regards,

Raphael