cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

port aggregation not working with 200-08 switch ...

filmstudio
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I try to use port aggregation with two different MacPros and a QNAP NAS. I followed instructions of setting up the machines under MacOSX and the QNAP to the T, but the moment I bond two interfaces they loose connectivity and the switch obviously doesn't "understand" that they are bonded.

I tried to change settings in the web interface of the switch, but I couldn't really find any setting which changed this behaviour.

Thanks for any suggestions,

M

1 Reply 1

chrebert
Level 4
Level 4

Hello M,

You will need to configure the switch to match the port aggregation settings of the NAS and Macbook.  On the Cisco Small Business switches port aggregation or bonding is referred to as a LAG.

In the switch's admin page go to Port Management > Link Aggregation > LAG Management.  Select a LAG number and click edit.  Add the ports you want to bundle to the LAG, and enable LACP if the other side is using it.  

Once the LAG is configured you can check that the links have become active on the LAG Management page.  If they have it means both ends of the links are configured correctly.  

If you need to set any VLAN or port related settings, remember to switch to the LAG option from the dropdown at the top of any port lists and set options for the LAG as a whole instead of for the individual ports.

Let me know if that helps at all,

Christopher Ebert - Network Support Engineer

Cisco Small Business Support Center