Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS configuration assistance on SRW2024 and SGE2000 SBS Switches

Denis Wahome
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Campus LAN setup which is layed out using Cisco SRW2024 and SGE2000 SB switches. On the LAN we are running various services. These are CCTV, VOIP(SIP), Public Address(multicasting) and Internet hotspots to various locations. I have attached a layout of the setup. A unique VLAN is setup for each of these services.

The problem we have is that the PA audio is breaking up at intervals making the output distorted this is also happening for the SIP phones within the facility. Using the user guide we have tried to setup QoS on the system but we seem not to improve the services.

Can someone guide me on how to solve the quality issue?

BTW, i have been trying to configure the QoS using the instructions at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9967/products_qanda_item09186a0080a391e1.shtml

Message was edited by: Denis Wahome

2 Replies 2

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

Denis,

What settings have you implemented as a qos solution for your network.

If we know what you have done, we might can tweek it for better performance.

Hi David,

Thank you for offering to help.

To  begin with i am only testing the setup on one SRW2024 i have not get  configured VLAN trunking to the entire campus through the SGE2000.

On the SRW2024 i have attached the PC that is running  PA management and the PA units, the VOIP PABX and the SIP phones and  finally the CCTV Recording server and a few IP Cameras.

For the QoS settings, on the SRW2024 under QoS i  created a policy map to set the PA multicast packets with a CoS of 7.  Then under DiffServ port bindings i applied the policy map to the ports  where the PA server and PA units are attached. Finally under the Queue  settings i set the Queue setting to strict priority.

This is what i tried before i posted.