Views
Helpful
Replies

Rack mounting for CBS 110 series

mike_t2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

The documentation for the CBS 110 series seems to imply that all models can be rack mounted, is that true?

I find it hard to believe that the smallest can.  Can anyone confirm this, and if not correct, can you tell me which ones are rack mountable (with the hardware suplied with the switch).

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi mike_t2,

Just to make things clear - CBS110 5 ports and 8 ports are desktop models and are not rack-mountable, whereas CBS110 16 ports and 24 ports models are rack-mountable and come with a rack-mount kit for a standard 19-inch cabinet.

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi,

only selected models are direct rack mountable. check below datasheet.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/business-110-series-unmanaged-switches/datasheet-c78-744158.html

other devices needs special rack mount kit which needs to order separately. for 110 series most small switches (port 5,8,16) are desktop models. 

rate this and mark as answer if this resolved your concern

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Thanks Kasum

Both you and the previous response from marce1000 pointed me to the datasheet (which I had previously looked at), but I can't see anywhere in there that says, for example, that model XX is rack mountable, hence my question.

Also, is it both the CBS110-24T and CBS110-24PP that are rack mountable? As I see it, only the -24PP is wide enough (440mm) for normal rack mounting, whereas the -24T is not as wide (279mm)

Mike

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/110-series-unmanaged-switches/datasheet-c78-734450.html

Look for the word 'rack' with your browser and examine the several instances concerning rack-mountable conditions and prerequisites.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi mike_t2,

Just to make things clear - CBS110 5 ports and 8 ports are desktop models and are not rack-mountable, whereas CBS110 16 ports and 24 ports models are rack-mountable and come with a rack-mount kit for a standard 19-inch cabinet.

Thanks

Thanks for the confirmation Martin
That makes sense to me as the pictures seem to show holes for rack mounting kits on the 16 port and 24 port models, so it's great to get it confirmed

Mike