Views
Helpful
Replies

sf 300 24pp switch

nishadadukkath1
Level 1
Level 1

sir 

i bought 4 cisco sf 300 24pp switches, in all switch i connected ip cameras each 22 average , all ip camera i connected to 100mbps port then took connection in 1000mbps port to connect to nvr and all camera video getting very slow it take too much time to connect. there is any traffic occur , if any how to solve thate problem. and also i connected to my lap , i could access each camera , but all of camera  took together  that time video getting slow and also camera software take hang . what is the problem in my network?. how can i fix this problem ?  

6 Replies 6

LJ Gabrillo
Level 5
Level 5

1. Are you cascading all your switches, or are the switches connected centrally to a switch?
    -If you are connecting it in series/cascade, you'll have bandwidth problems since most cameras, when set to maximum is 10Mbps, so 10 cameras use up already 100Mbps, hence let's say you have 3 switches cascaded, hence your switch where the NVR is connected uses up to 300Mbps, w/c of course, the backbone is only 100Mbps
     -It would be best that all your switches are centrally connected to a switch

2. Speed of your backbone e.g., switch to switch connection?
     -This is the issue here, it should be at least 1Gbps to avoid connection/bandwidth problems
     -Again, connect your switches centrallly, e.g., 3 switches(spoke) connected to 1 switch(hub), and that hub switch is where the NVR is located.

3. Check our Speed/Duplex setting detected by your cameras and NVR
    -Of course it should be full-duplex and speed is max

sir 

I connected single switch to nvr but there also getting same problmz. den I remove 6 cameras . now dat switch have 14 camera , now getting video not bad , its normal..

how can I check switch port working in 100mbps? .  

I want to connect at least 22 camera how can I ?

Probably the backbone
Considering that's a managed switch, you can access its GUI. Check the interface's speed and duplex negotiation

can u plez sent me to complete set up  with GUI ?

i am first time to dealing with this switch . and i need to know how to  change port speed , duplex , bandwidth etc

Automatic negotiation should be in place, you actually need not ot configure anything unless necessary.

Refer to this quick start guide, it contains all that you need: HERE
and and Admin guide if you want to dig deeper: HERE

Rate or Mark as Answer helpful posts :)